Stephanie L. Williams
Stephanie L. Williams, A.B., J.D.
Stephanie L. Williams is a Certified Family Law Specialist practicing exclusively in the area of family law. Ms. Williams founded her Sacramento law firm in 2002, focusing primarily on divorce, as well as annulments, child custody matters, child support, spousal support, domestic violence issues, prenuptial agreements, and other family law matters. In addition to traditional courtroom litigation, she offers mediated divorce and collaborative divorce services.
Ms. Williams has been practicing law since 1998. Prior to opening her own office, she worked in Sacramento as an associate attorney with Bartholomew, Wasznicky & Molinaro LLP and as a staff attorney at the Family Law Pro Per Clinic. Ms. Williams has also been a partner with the Sacramento firm of Hiroshima, Jacobs, Roth and Lewis, where she practiced family law. Prior to moving into family law, Ms. Williams had a contract practice in Tahoe City, where she focused primarily on land use issues and federal court litigation. She was co-counsel for the trial of the landmark land-use case, Tahoe Sierra Preservation Council v. Tahoe Regional Planning Authority, 1999 WL 45394, 34 F. Supp.2d 1226 (D. Nev. 1999).
Ms. Williams is admitted to practice in the California state courts and before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California. She is a member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of California, the Family Law Section of the Sacramento County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Family Law, where she is part of the Military Committee and volunteers for “Operation Stand-By.” In that capacity, Ms. Williams provides guidance on family law issues to Judge Advocate General (JAG) officers and active-duty military personnel deployed overseas.
Ms. Williams is the past Vice-Chair of the Sacramento Regional Standing Committee of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of California. She is also the past Chair, past Vice-Chair, and past Secretary of the Sacramento County Superior Court Pro Bono Mediation Committee. Ms. Williams is an active member of the Women Lawyers of Sacramento. In 2000, Voluntary Legal Services of Northern California presented her with an award in recognition of her commitment to pro bono work.
Ms. Williams obtained her Juris Doctorate from Emory University School of Law in Atlanta. As a law student, she was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable J.D. Smith in the Georgia Court of Appeals. Ms. Williams received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Bryn Mawr College, where she studied political science.
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Family Law Section of the Sacramento County Bar Association
- American Bar Association Section of Family Law
- ABA Section of Family Law Military Committee and Operation Stand-By
- Sacramento Regional Standing Committee of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of California (former Vice-Chair)
- Sacramento County Superior Court Pro Bono Mediation Committee (former Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary)
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group
- Family Law Solo Practice, Sacramento, 2002-2007, 2009-present
- Certified as a California Family Law Specialist, 2008
- Partner, Hiroshima, Jacobs, Roth and Lewis, Sacramento, 2007-2009
- Associate Attorney, Bartholomew, Wasznicky & Molinaro, LLP, Sacramento, 2001
- Staff Attorney, Family Law Pro Per Clinic, Sacramento, 2001
- Contract Attorney, Tahoe City, 1998-2001
- Recipient of pro bono award, Voluntary Legal Services of Northern California, 2000
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable J.D. Smith in the Georgia Court of Appeals, 1996
- Family Law
- Dissolution / Divorce
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence
- Restraining Orders
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Post-judgment Modifications
- Collaborative Law